Dr. Bakul Arora is a Consultant Joint Replacement & Orthopaedic Surgeon. He specialises in Mini-invasive techniques which offer multiple benefits to patients. He does the surgery using Subvastus approach for Knee Replacement surgery and Direct Anterior Approach for Hip replacement Surgery . This new techniques has many advantages for patients.Surgical Advantage of Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery.
- Patients Start walking in few hours of surgery.
- Patients start climbing the staircase from second day of his surgery.
- Patients Discharge with in 3 Days from the Hospital after surgery.
- No blood loss during the surgery, no blood Transfusion required.
- Less Physiotherapy.( No Physiotherapist required for home)
- Less Antibiotic.
- Stitchless Surgery.
- Recovery time is just two – three week.
In doctors word....."I come across many patients who are afraid to undergo Knee or Hip replacements surgeries in spite of the significant pain. This is majorly due to the fear of pain and hardship to be faced during the long painful recovery time due to the traditional method of operation.I operate using a very innovative technique where in the muscles are not cut, with this approach the surgery is almost painless and the recovery is very quick. This technique helps in avoiding blood loss and need for blood transfusion thereby avoiding its complications. This also helps the patient get back to their daily routine in no time and regain a positive outlook in life.Patients start walking on the same day of surgery unlike the weeks and months of hardships being faced in the traditional method of surgery.
My idea is to comfort patients and eliminate the fear of Knee and Hip replacement."
By. Dr. Bakul Arora